Warrior Reverse???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyjo55

Reaction score
Anyone ever had an issue with the reverse lever being difficult to move. I've taken the actual handle off and the issue is with the drum that is in actual in the case. It is just stiff as all get out to move foward and back. Once moved into position all gears operate fine. I'm afraid it is on its way to disaster and would like to try and stop it down its path.

Thanks for any info/help.

Chris

Mine's not exactly easy to move too, it doesn't even engage alot of the time. Try moving it again when the motor's at operating temperature, you should notice a pretty significant difference.

Yeah, sometimes I need to jolt it back or forward a little bit, but it's nothign serious.

Iv had 2 warriors there all like that. When its hard to get back into forward it helps some to let your clutch out a little and feather it like that while pushing forward on the reverse lever.

Well atleast I'm not the only one. Thanks for the heads up. Like I said I just don't want to do more damage if it is fixable..

Theres nothing wrong with it there just like that. If anyone does find a way to make it smoother let me know.

This design defect is still present in my 06 Raptor 350. It sometimes works when the quad is cool and almost never works when the quad is hot. The reverse in my Yamaha snowmobile sucks as well but at least it sorta works. I just pretend I dont have reverse since it is so inconsistent and my friends hate waiting 5 minutes for me to get out of reverse. My Kawi by the way goes into reverse instantly every time with no effort regardless of conditions so I know the technology for a good reverse exists, Yamaha just doesnt feel its worth the effort to fix this defect on this machine. Definately the worst thing about the YFM.

The only time I have problems with my reverse is goin back into forward gears, I always just click it down into first before I shift into revers and then when I shift into foward gears it clicks in easier.

Yep mine does it too, I usually have a lot more success if Im in neutral and then I still check it to see if it has fully engaged.

A buddy I used to ride with would turn his quad off and his warrior would go to and from reverse VERY easy. His was more of a problem than mine evidently.

Alot has to do with the oil you're using and how many hours are on it as when the engine is getting hot the clutch starts to grab more. This also could be a clutch issue, worn/warped steels also clutch hubs can be grooved up and cause the clutch not to fully release.
Remember is engine I believe was designed 20 years ago and hasn't changed since so there you go.

Sometimes the reverse lever does act up, but not a big deal just easy off the clutch and give it a other go.

Back