warrior rev box

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treydg2003

Reaction score
hello i have a 99 warrior got yoshi pipe jet kit and uni filter. When i try to rev my quad out all the way it cuts and acts like its hitting the rev box way before it is even close a buddy of mine rode it and said that the rev box was junk on it soo is he correct or could it be something else i have owned the quad for 2 months now and even before the upgrades it did it so any help is apprecitated greatly thanks

You rejet your carb when you did those mods? That could explain why its revving shitty, of course it could be the rev box. If you have access to another warrior box, maybe you could swap them out and see. My $.02.

warriors don't have rev boxes.. they have a CDI. :) There is no rev limiter on the warriors. So it's either jetting or something else electricly wrong.

There is a rev limiter on the warrior for when your in reverse or the parking brake is set isnt there????? So check your parking break switch, reverse lever switch, and I think the neutral relay also

the carb is jetted and yes they do have a revlimiter. Why else would they offer a cdi or "rev box" that is 1000 rpm over??? so there is a rev limiter. I am going to have the top end rebuilt on it now anyway cause its blowing oil out of the case vent and evedently the rings are junk in it so im gonna do a top end rebuild on it. New question has anyone use the Wiseco performace kit? Its stock bore but its 10.5:1 compression. New rings and gaskets for everything in the motor. So has anone used it? tanks

the carb is jetted and yes they do have a revlimiter. Why else would they offer a cdi or "rev box" that is 1000 rpm over??? so there is a rev limiter. I am going to have the top end rebuilt on it now anyway cause its blowing oil out of the case vent and evedently the rings are junk in it so im gonna do a top end rebuild on it. New question has anyone use the Wiseco performace kit? Its stock bore but its 10.5:1 compression. New rings and gaskets for everything in the motor. So has anone used it? tanks

There really isnt a rev limiter. Let me guess you got a procom? they are scams. With a stock cdi if you had strong enough valve springs you can rev the piss out of it to the point of destroying the engine. If its not jetting causing your sputter up top then its a very good chance that its your valve springs. They are weak from the factory, and basically at high RPM's you are floating the valves. The procom, or many others that have a different name but still made by procom, only make good cheap replacements for stock. there are no performance upgrade made by those junk CDI's. Programable Dynas and I think one other brand (cant remember the name at the moment) are your only choice for getting any kind of performance gains from a CDI. Personally a CDI would be the last item I would get, First I would bump up the compression, and still keep it on pump gas, upgrade the cam and valve springs, upgrade the shitty stock carb, and get it ported. Then get a Dynatek CDI.
My $0.02

ok i understand still the factory cdi that was on it is junk i put the dyna tech on it today and it does not stutter or miss up high so i had to have a cdi and even if its just a hair better then stock then it was kinda a no brainer. I ordered the 10.25:1 compression piston and all new gaskets for the whole motor so im waiting for those to come in and then im gonna get that put on. Will I be able to tell any difference in how it runs when it is done? With just the high comp piston. Remember im getting all new gaskets and seals for the whole motor it has very little compression now where the rings are junk in it so thanks

Yes for sure you will be able to tell the difference. I found that after a few tanks of gas and gets broke in the bike really starts to make power. Also the dynatek is a great box and I like the throttle resoponse it gives me and that little extra kick it gives me in the mid range.

Back