Warrior/ Raptor need good help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It tells me to use a 136 and put the circling on the 4th ring down on the needle. I will try this and see what happens! Seems like a guess and check from here on

Hmmm... Same thing as the 148 as it seems... As it's just screaming at idol and I'm not sure why....

Did you try to adjust the idle with the idle screw? Have you adjusted the cable and made sure it is allowing the slide to close fully? Is your intake boot sealed correctly and not cracked?

Has a little more power but the idol is ridiculously high.... Pretty bummed.. I should probably just order that 150 oem jet... But still the idol... I don't understand..

Is there an idol speed screw that I can't find?

Did you try to adjust the idle with the idle screw? Have you adjusted the cable and made sure it is allowing the slide to close fully? Is your intake boot sealed correctly and not cracked?
Did you see this post?

Yes, there is an idle adjustment screw on the carb. Look in your Clymer manual.

I did put the idol screw must be different from the idol knob you can adjust from the outside correct? Cable is perfect! Let me get that climbers manual out. Really couldn't say how much I appreciate all of the kind help.

The outside one is one you need to adjust, that's the only one. If the idle wont come down, you may have a cracked intake boot. You can check visually, but the best way to check for cracks is to start the quad and let it idle. Then, spray starting fluid on the outside of the intake boot. If you hear the engine rpm increase, that means the engine sucked in some of the starting fluid through a crack, and you'll need to replace the intake boot.

Alright sounds like a plan! I don't think it's cracked but it certainly could be... The weirdest thing is before the carb rebuild it was Idoling fine.. Maybe I cracked it putting the carb back on... Hmmmmmm

Wait a minute... Now that I'm re reading your post again with the cable.... I wonder if I have the cable to tight to the carb..... That means if it's too tight it won't sit causing it to idle high.... Time to pull her back in the garage!

Welp we have found the culprid... Something with that cable... I took the cable off and worked the throttle by hand and it would idle perfectly... So that cable wasn't letting it seat correctly just like you had said!

Make sure it is seated correctly in the carb cable inlet port. The cable adjustment is up as the thumb throttle, thread it in some and you should be good to go.

Awsome Thank you! Also the cable was ran far away so I don't think it had the slack to seat all the way.

Mysteriously the throttle cable seems to short... Lol.... It is seated correctly in the thumb throttle assembly also.. Do I need to get a longer line? I did put new handle bars on but it only made it closer... Hmmm

Whats too short? Like does the cable not reach up to the handle bars? or is outer casing fine and the inner cable just wont let the slide close?

The cable is perfect from the thumb down to the carb, but when attaching the carb to arm that controls the throttle (on the carb) the cable won't reach down far enough to have a lower idle... It's about a half an inch short. (The throttle cable to through the tube of the carb and then attaches to the arm that controls the throttle) it's an 88 carb keep in mind also

Back