Warrior not running right.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I read through a bunch of threads but didn't find an answer to my problem.
I picked up a Warrior from a friend a little while ago. It had been sitting for something like 4 years before I got a hold of it. There wasn't a fuel line at all so the carb was a little open to the elements. I was however able to get it to run (not well though), although it would drip a bunch of fuel. So I pulled the carb and cleaned and checked everything, and put it back it the Warrior. It runs better now, but still has some weird symptoms (stutters when cruising and sometimes cuts out when under load) is super gutless and still drips fuel (but not after it gets warmed up). The PO did have the motor bored (not sure how much) but is now smoking a bit, especially when cold. I really don't know what is wrong, so I put a video of it on YouTube:D
If you guys could take a look at it and see what you think, that would be fantastic!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2YwEhbb3_A

Last edited:
pick up a carb rebuild kit.
also what size jets were in the carb when you had it apart?

The leaking gas is the float height being off and the other problems sound carb related also

Yeah I was looking at the repair manual on how to adjust the float, but I couldn't see where they were measuring to, so I left it alone:) Okay good to know. I just wasn't sure because everything seemed in fairly good shape.
Thanks man!

pick up a carb rebuild kit.
also what size jets were in the carb when you had it apart?

Sounds good. I'll do that tomorrow. I really don't have a clue, but just from knowing the guy I bought it from, I would probably say stock. I'll check next time I take it out.
Thanks for the help!

Well guys, I pulled apart the carb again and it had very stock jets, and I picked up a carb rebuild kit and threw it all in. I also adjusted the needle jet to the fourth slot. But it runs great now! It still feels a little gutless, but maybe that's because I haven't ridden a warrior in a while. At any rate, thank you guys for the help!:D

Back