Warrior no start.. related to the CDI??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbozrocks

Reaction score
Hey guys, I picked up a 92 Warrior that was taken apart, and put back together, kinda, the guy I bought it from says it will not roll over by the push button, but it does roll over when you cross the starter relay, and it has no spark too...

So I dug into it today.. Checked the main switch, it good, neutral light comes on, and I have power down at the small starter relay on the blue/white wire when I push the starter button...

So have it narrowed down to the fact that there is no ground on the starter relay..

The shop manual says to ground the yellow/black wire.. So i do that and the starter rolls over now with the push button, but still no spark..

So Ohmed out the stator, and pick up coils, they all come back good, ohmed out the ignition coil, it says it's good...

I am stumped.. From what I can tell the CDI somehow grounds out the starter relay to allow the engine to roll over??

Has anyone seen this before?

The biks came with a bunch of parts, so I tried swapping the cdi with the spare one, and I get the same results!

I am leaning towards a bad CDI here.. but two of them... kinda sounds strange...

Anybody have any issues like this?

Pull the key and wires complety out at the plug. Then try to jump the starter relay with a screw driver to see if you have spark.

OK, so I knda figure it out, Has something to do with the neutral, and reverse switches, also noticed theres a green/white wire that supposed to go to the Lever switch... that's fubarred on my machine.. So I tried to take the switch out of the forward/reverse selector, and the friggin reverse mechanism broke off the frame...aarrggh...

After I realized that the green/white wire needed to be grounded.. it now rolls over and there's spark! So threw A touch of fuel in her, and she fired right up!

Now I need to find another reverse/forward selector thingy... With a good switch too!

I might have one laying in my pile of parts or on one of my frames I'll let ya know by Thursday

Check the neutral and reverse sensors on the side of the motor and your regulator. Just has exact same problem with mine

I have it running now. But both the reverse light and the neutral light are on all the time when it's idling in neutral. When u put it in gear the reverse light goes out and the neutral light stays on. It's kinda bizzare.

Back