Warrior Main Air Jet

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheese_05_70

Reaction score
I have the stock carb still and have been having problems with it on high rpms. Studdering and laying over per se. Just when it would start to build nice power it was done/laying over. By the exhaust note you could tell it wasn't right.

I upjetted it and it got worse, I downjetted it and it got a little better but then I was way too lean in the midrange. So I started comparing it to the fcr because they have superior high rpm operation. I know the piece of crap btm is no where even close to the same league as the fcr. The fcr MAJ is a 200 and the btm is only around a 50.

So what do I have to lose. I drilled it out to 0.03" which should be around a 76. Put it together and tried it and it made a slight difference. Gained some rpms and exhaust sounded a little better. So I said what the heck go big or go home. I drilled it out to a 0.055" which would be around a 140 MAJ. Ran it again much better revs like it should, higher rpms on top end, mid range has more pull and the exhaust note doesn't have a bloop or gurgle to it.

So the point of my story is to maybe help someone with my experiment. I'm going to drill it to a 0.0625 which would be a 160. Im not going any bigger than that I don't believe. I haven't tested this one yet. All my calculations and numbers are approximate.

mine did that too...check your accelerator pump in the carb to make sure you have full motion and no sticking

Back