warrior issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drussell052685

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Im trying to get my warrior running and Im having some problems. So I had it running about a year ago. Since Ive owned the bike, the start button didnt work and Ive had to jump the solenoid to get the starter to turn. One day after riding I left the key on, killed the battery, and so it sat for a while.

Now that Im trying to get it running, Ive noticed it was leaking out the overflow tube, but I decided to hook it up to my car to try to jump it. the starter turned a few times but it didnt start. After a few tries eventually the starter wouldnt even turn.

I took the carb off, cleaned it and reinstalled, but still the starter wont turn. Ive tried bypassing the battery and solenoid all together and run electricity directly to the starter, and nothing. I unhooked and cleaned all the terminals, and the starter doesnt have many hours on it. Could my car's battery have fried it?

Any help or suggestions? My bro has a raptor 350 so my next step is to borrow his starter and see if it works. but im hoping that mine isnt bad since it has very low use on it.

Thanks for the reply. It was the starter. I got a new one, but have only gotten the bike to start once.

It has no spark. When I pull out the plug, which is new, it either sparks once or twice then nothing, or doesn't spark at all. I swapped out the ignition coil from my bros raptor, and it made no difference.

The orange wire running from the CDI to the ignition coil had been cut and repaired by the previous owner. It looked pretty ugly so i stripped the wire and made a better connection, still nothing.

I don't want to start blindly replacing parts, hoping it will be the right fix. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks.

Bad CDI or Stater. It always oniy fires once or twice? Or does it look to get weaker?

send in cdi stator rectifier to ricky stator they test for free only pay shipping, pretty quick and honest people

The spark on the warrior is kinda weak, in color it's pale blue/white & if Ur not looking real good U won't see it. Ck. it in a dark place or after dark. If U have spark then the next step is the carb.
If it set for a yr., it has gum in the carb that regular carb cleaner will not clean up. I'd take the carb off & take the top of the carb off & the float bowl also. With the float bowl off, look straight down the needle & through the main jet & U should see light. Next take the idle jet out & make sure it's not stopped up. When taking the jet out, put the carb in a vice, or have someone hold it steady on a table & take your screwdriver & make sure it's in the groove of the jet & tap it firm & this will kinda jar it loose before U try to take it out & the screwdriver won't slip & mess up the groove & U will never get it out. I'd try to see through it 1st, before I try this.
While U have the carb apart, I'd go to Advance or some auto parts store & purchase a 1 gallon can of carb cleaner & follow direction & clean the carb. This is around 20.00 or so?
One other thing, is check the carb intake, if the bike is older, from the yr. of setting & not being run, the intake will dry & get brittle & crack when U move it around & U will not see it without it being taken off. The intake has thin spots in the botton & top, that's where it will crack. Be easy with it, if it's not cracked already & it's dry it will after U kinda bend it around to ck. it. ;)
I hope this helps.
Later

What yr. is the bike? I have a manual fror yrs. 87-95 that I can help with the ck'ng of the stator. U'll need a OHM meter.

It's a 98. I thought I cleaned the carb pretty well, though it was my 1st time ever cleaning one. I hit all the jets, and the float doesn't stick anymore. The compression was also low, about 110. The valves were pretty far off. I adjusted them back to spec.

Checking the plug at night w/ the lights out is a good idea. I'll be able to see exactly whether its a weak spark or really none at all. I suppose I could try taking the stator off the raptor, though Im not sure if the plugs are the same. Same w/ the cdi.

Your right on the plugs, don't think the newer stator is the same. I'm about sure the 98 is the same as the 97. If there is no or very weak spark, let me know & I'll e-mail U the directions to ck. the stator.
Also did U ck. the intake?

Back