Warrior Head Vs Raptor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shannon

Reaction score
Well since the guys that were supposed to be fixing my Warriors head lost it. Is there any best or better year for the head. Although After the hollidays I might just buy another whole engine. Thanks

Shannon Deese
SSgt USMC

I never heard of their being any differences in the head performance-wise between the different years or models, other than the raptor 350 having a different cam and maybe rocker arms. There may be a small performance gain over the stock warrior head, but probably so small it's not even noticable, and not even close to as much as you get from aftermarket cams.

As YamaRider said, cam differences, but the head is identical. Any head from a Warrior 87 to 04 and any raptor350 head can be used. Also any wolverine 350 bigbear 350 or grizzy 350 head can be used.

It's because I gave it to the air force machine shop and I'm a Marine. We're second class citizens on this base because it's thiers. Although I think the reason we're here is to provide some one in congress a laugh every time they think about it. Oh Well one of the guys on this site offered to sell me a whole engine. So I'll be going that route. Never have to many spare parts.

You should have the guys who "lost" your head to chip in for the purchase of the new motor. Atleast cover the cost of what the head would run you...
~Bill

Back