Warrior gearing and top speed?!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey yall. well ive got sort of a weird question. i know that stock gearing on a warrior is 13/40, but has anyone replaced their sprockets and found that they had a 12T front sprocket on there instead? i thought it was kinda weird but while i was cleaning my warrior the other day i took the front sprocket off (spun off the lock washer and nut a while back, so i slipped my chain off and cleaned around the output shaft) and found a 12T sprocket! i thought this was really weird since i didnt think the gearing had been changed at all before i got it. sometime this week (hopefully tomorrow or friday) the warrior will be going into the shop to get new front and rear sprockets, chain, chain rollers, and chain guide put on. im getting a new stock size rear sprocket, but a 15T front. so originally i thought i was only going up 2 teeth in the front, but it seems that i will be going up 3 now. it kinda makes sense why it was rapping out so quick and i had to keep shifting so often, but i was still able to get a top speed of about 64 mph (as long as my trailtech speedo is still calibrated correctly). so can someone give me a realistic estimate of what ill be looking at on top end going up 3 teeth in the front? im thinking it will be around mid 70's but im not sure. also i have 23 inch front and 22 inch rear tires. wanted a little more clearance on the trails, since its mostly a trail bike. not sure if the tire measurements will help in calculations, but there ya go. also, i know there is another thread on gearing, but i think it talks about having 20 inch rears so i dont know how much difference it would make. thanks

I think it will be more like 78 or a little less depending how much the motor will rev out. I know I can hit about 74 or a little more with a 15t and 20's. It's a little much for woods riding but really put the power to good use.

well i know its a little bit much of a top end, but it had so much damn torque and there is a place in my area that i like to ride called chadwick that has some nice long fire roads. they have long sweeping turns and the straights are really fun to run up in 5th and 6th gear. gotta shift down to 4th or 5th on some of the turns though unless you want to risk catching something and flipping into a tree. if anyone on here has ever been to chadwick then they probably know the fire road im talking about. if anyone on here hasnt been to chadwick then you are missing out! if anyone is ever in southwest missouri then chadwick is definitely the place to go! im thinking this gear setup should be pretty good. ill have to see how it turns out. thanks for the help jason.

You can change you chain sprockets and stuff by yourself it isnt that hard. Try it it will save you some money.

ya im sure i could change them myself but i dont have all the tools to do it and it will take the shop a lot less time than it will me. plus, i dont have a garage out at my house, so even if i had all the necessary tools, i dont want to spend that much time sitting on my gravel driveway working on it. im sure i could sit in the grass but if i drop something (like a bolt or nut) its harder to find and bugs suck! lol im having the shop put my new durablue axle and new axle bearings in at the same time too so im doing it all in one shot.

Back