Warrior crank and rod in Raptor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAQ80

Reaction score
I have a used raptor 350 for pretty cheap. It starts up but is kinda loud and a mechanic suspects it's the rod or wrist pin.

I have a spare motor from a 2000 warrior. My question is can I just take the entire crank and rod from the warrior motor and put it in the raptor?

I've never tore an engine down but I'm mechanically inclined and have the clymers. I'm trying to do it as cheap as possible, but also do it right. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have been able to find by searching. The Raptor has the same engine as the warrior. Why take a running 348cc engine apart to get the other running. Just unbolt one and put it in place of the other. This is how I would do it. Be up and running in a couple hours.

Now I could be wrong and these engines are different, but one should bolt where the other is. It should be an easy swap even if they are different.

I don't know for sure if the warrior motor is running, but I guess if would be a good way to find out. I know I would have to swap out the stator assembly, but that's easy enough. I don't know if I'd have to mess with the carb though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back