Warrior carb issue

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03warrior350

Reaction score
I just got my 2003 warrior a few weeks ago. It's been sitting a few months. I took the carb off and cleaned it and put it back on and I noticed I would get some drips of gas from the over flow tube on the bottom of the carb. So I then took it back apart and got a rebuild kit. I took it up some trails today and same thing with the carb over flow dripping. Any idea of want my issue may be? It runs great just drops gas. I would really like to get this taken care of

how did you check it though? if you just have the carb upside down and measure, it will be wrong due to the weight of the float pushing on the pin. lower the float with your fingers just until the valve seals.

I checked to make sure the seat was seated by blowing through the port where the gas goes in from the gas tank

well, it will eventually seat, but if the float seats too high up in the bowl then there will be too much fuel in the bowl and the over flow will be releasing the excess. you need to adjust when the float seats to the appropriate amount of fuel in the bowl. there's a few ways to do it, but the way i did it in that link is the way the Clymer manual has you do it, and its relatively simple.

well, it will eventually seat, but if the float seats too high up in the bowl then there will be too much fuel in the bowl and the over flow will be releasing the excess. you need to adjust when the float seats to the appropriate amount of fuel in the bowl. there's a few ways to do it, but the way i did it in that link is the way the Clymer manual has you do it, and its relatively simple.
So you did it with the carb upside down and measuring the distance from the top of the float to where the bowl seats?

Replace the o-ring on the needle valve inlet seat...also,what I do to get older stuff to seal is,get a few q-tips,cut them in half,put in an electric drill,dap a small amount of metal polish on the end,and then polish the inside of the seat....use a few clean ones after the polish to clean out real good.

Back