Warrior build ideas

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbcqst316

Reaction score
Locked motor so I'm putting in stroker crank. I'm planning on using a wisco 40 over piston with gasket spacers. I'm not using the stroker piston. Anyone have any suggestions or stuff to look out for. I'm doing the cooler mod also. And stage 2 hot cam.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

bigger cam and a port and polish (you can do this yourself with a dremel and good attachments) with a bigger carb will get you more than enough power to keep up with YFZs

Which carb

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

If you don't know cylinder heads don't touch the Ports. Alex, you know better than that!! If you want a good running setup get your crank and you're piston in the size that you want. Mock it up to check your deck height and order type shim accordingly. Personally I'd skip the Hotcams altogether. Do yourself a favor, contact Greg@Cycle Works Racing. Do one of his .415 cams, his head work, good springs, etc. Is well worth the extra cash man. Carb wise, FCR 37 or 39.

id skip the shim plate altogether ... i'd grab a bigbear 400 jug do the mock up then have the jug shaved down to a .040 deck height

id skip the shim plate altogether ... i'd grab a bigbear 400 jug do the mock up then have the jug shaved down to a .040 deck height

You don't want it that far below the deck, Bones. Deck height includes gasket thickness. You really don't want the piston to be more than .005 down in the hole. It's been a while since I measured the thickness of the stock gasket but I'm sure it's somewhere near .040. .040 is a safe number, if you could successfully achieve a .030 or .020 deck height without having piston to valve clearance issues that would be better yet. The tighter that quench is the more turbulent the explosion becomes in the firing process, believe it or not even though this is increasing compression it reduces predetonation. Polishing the chamber to a smooth finish also helps. You can get deeper and deeper with thermal coatings, gas ported pistons, etc but it's not necessary here.

It still has not been proven that the big bear cylinder is even taller then a Warrior's. If you look, Yamaha has two DIFFERENT part numbers for the pistons in each bike. So, did they make the cylinder taller? Or, did they deck height correct the piston to fit the Warrior height cylinder? Me personally, get a JE 85mm, do a 388cc stroker, contact Cometic for custom base gaskets/spacers, and get that deck height close to .000"-.008". Contact Jasonp, he has the specs. I believe he needed .093" worth of spacers on a 12:1 JE to make it work. I'm nearly positive that is what he needed.

And, if I'm not mistaken, Yamaha used the same part numbers for the cylinders.

Back