warrior accelerator pump probs

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddy

Reaction score
on my carb the original spring didnt have enough spring to work the plunger right so i took a spring out of a pen and it worked perfect it didnt stick in a down position or anything,then i noticed that the rubber piece that goes around the plunger was missing a part of the rubber that seals around the plunger,so it leaks gas a little bit around there and i was wondering if that could cause a problem with it not being held around the plunger correctly like it should...thx

can any1 help?im not sure if the boot being messed up and not sealing around the plunger could cause any problems?

If your talking about the same thing I'm thinking of then it's not an accelerator pump, it's actually a high rpm enrichener, I think, an accelerator pump actually pumps fuel into the airstream, the stock Warrior carb dosn't have that. Just be shore that that rod works with the throttle some times they get hung up and stick open. Thats about all I know.

Dave - the stock carb actually does have an accelerator pump. It's not a strong one like on the edelbrock, but it is an accelerator pump.

Oddy - If it seems to be working alright I wouldn't bother with it. But how much gas is actually getting past that rubber boot? Is it collecting inside the carb under that plastic cover, or is it finding a way out?

both it collects inside and creeps outside also,i was wondering if it wud cause any kind of problems

I had that boot tear -yes, it is a big problem!!! What really sucks is you have to buy all 3 -accelerator pump, spring and boot. About $20-30 for the assembly. The boot should cost about a buck -but you cant buy it alone.

Back