warrior 350 taking forever to start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reese_Weeks

Reaction score
I recently got my quad back from my dads house and my brother messed it up so I had to spend a week or so trying to get it running again. but after I got it running again I noticed that it started taking longer and longer to start. now it wont start unless I back the idle screw almost all the way out of the carb and feather the gas on the thumb throttle. otherwise it'll just sit there and turn over until the battery is almost drained or until I decide I'm done messing with it. its getting gas, it has spark (but it looks weak), and it has good compression. is it the stator or the cdi? or do I need to adjust the valves and see if its out of time? I just really need some help.

check to make sure your timing is right, test the stator with a multimeter, its rarely the cdi and clean the carb then see whatcha got

does anyone know the ohm reading I should be getting from my stator?

the pickup coil (usually 2 wires one red 1 white) should be in the ballpark of 500 ohms and the pickup coil should be around 300 ohms, the 3 white wires dont worry about

okay so the pickup coil was at 438-84 ohms and the pulse coil was at 240 or so. I guess that means that I need a new stator?

then I'm getting an rmstator. I was looking at caltric but I was thinking that a stator that cheap must be horrible

The 300 and 500 is for aftermarket stators, Id have to look up the exact specs for a stocker. but you having one thats ohming at over 400 means you do need a stator. And heres another happy RMstator user/customer!!!

just ordered it today! cant wait for this damn thing to be fine again lol

well it started off i blew the motor up, everything was trashed, bought used bottom end put new top end on then had electrical issues had to buy 2 sensors and a regulator then i had stator problems constantly, put 1 new stator and 2 pickups in it, starter clutch went out, clutch went out, accelerator pump in carb seized up swapped carb and had to rejet and now intake boot is cracked and gets halfass fire, the starter switch/solenoid is bad..it never ends

wow... ill pray for you man.. but I know what you mean though im rebuilding my grandfathers Chevy truck so I can have a vehicle because I blew the motor up in my old Honda. and believe me the problem keep showing their ugly faces

Back