warrior 350 gear/shifting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetswepa

Reaction score
question i was out last night tearing her up in the snow, but started to have an issue well shifting, its seems no matter what gear i choose from time to time it just goes into neutral, like 1st and 2nd are okay"most of the time" but say i shift up into fourth it just goes into neutral, and if i upshift again it will go into 5th gear?
but then next time fourth will work but if i upshift to 5th it goes into neutral, but if i upshift again it goes into 6th, and if i down shift sometimes it does the same thing,
anyone no what might be the problem here? when i got home i tryed just rocking the quad back and fourth and shifting by hand and it would go into neutral from time to time but usually in the 4th and 5th gears?

I kinda had that same problem and It pretty much went away when I switched to a direct shifter from a 2000 yz250, I think the stock shifter linkage just gets to sloppy after awhile and causes you to miss shift. It could also be a bent shifter fork so Its up to you what to look at first I guess.

thanks guys think i'll go with a direct shifter first see what happens

question did you get a aluminum yz250 shifter? what all did you have to do, seems all i can find fromm 99 up for yz shifters in aluminum

well picked up a yz shifter installed it and no difference, but well screwing with it today i now notice even if i'm in 1st the gear shifter will still make a clicking sound when i push down like i'm still down shifting but it's in first?

ya might have always done it not positive, just think i remeber it never did before

Adjust you reverse lever. If it isn't clicked in, your quad will not go into gear, and you will hear a clicking noise when you shift to 1st.

Back