Warrior 350 electrical Problem?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john117dude

Reaction score
I recently bought an 87 warrior 350. The guy barely rode it and has low hours. It was garage kept. Starts right up with the push of a button and purrs like a cat, but when i ride it the spark will die out at high rpm UNTILL i pull the clutch in. That is the only way to save it from completely stalling. It happens around second gear mostly when at high rpms the spark just dies. I dont know whats wrong. Im assuming its something with a clutch safety switch because pulling the clutch brings the spark back. Any ideas?:argh:

Don't cut anything!!!!!! Just unplug the two wires coming from the clutch perch to the harness, and then plug the two wires on the harness side into each other.

There is only one wire going to the clutch perch. It's followed down by two green connectors. Disconnecting them did nothing

Yeah, on the harness side, you must plug those two bullet connectors together to make a completed circuit.

Here's how to do the clutch switch delete. I drew a picture because I'm not near my quad right now, so I can't take a picture.

Make it look like the right drawing

Are you sure your problem is ignition related? Could be a fuel problem. Have you cleaned the carb?

We're not saying this is the problem, but this sensor has been known to cause issues on the warrior and could be your problem. Everyone should just delete it to eliminate the potential issues it causes.

Back