warrior 350 bore kit?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooner

Reaction score
im sure there is already a thread about this so if someone would direct me to it that would be great. but i was wondering if anyone on this forum has bored their 350? is it worth it? whats the best kit to go with? and any tips? what all is required?
thanks.

yes they can be bored. the question for you is what are you looking for performance wise. Past and present members on here have done everything from mild to wild. thats why i ask that question. your goal will dictate which route you need to go. theres everything from 366cc to 446 stroker.

well i rode a 450 and that was a blast. haha i realized how much power i didn't have. there was a couple hill climbs i couldn't make it up but got on a 450 and made it right up.. but that also could be because of a lack of experience. i realize my 350 is not going to have near the power a 450 has but how close can i get? haha and i would like to keep it a little cheap if i can. but cheap and quads is a complete oxy moron

haha i figured that too.. what am i looking at to get a little more power? to satisfy me? or should i just keep this for a while. sell it and go to a 450??

haha i figured that too.. what am i looking at to get a little more power? to satisfy me? or should i just keep this for a while. sell it and go to a 450??

ha everyone on this site has gone through that, its up to you. i chose to keep my motor internals stock just because it can get expensive to crack into the motor

ha everyone on this site has gone through that, its up to you. i chose to keep my motor internals stock just because it can get expensive to crack into the motor

ya beastly i can vouch for that just putting the higher compression piston in, i ended close to 200 by the time everything was siad and done. the worst part is now i regret not doing a cam at the same time, because obviously i had the head off so i had the valve seals changed and it completely checked out by a friend thats an engine builder:argh:. though i am willing to tear into it because i love my warrior to much and cant see dropping anymore on something thats is fast stock, besides its just fun when people say "oh its just a warrior" and then you beat them. im still gonna do more but ive learned to get everything i wanna do together first now because gaskets can get expensive if you keep tearing into it to do something you could have done earlier.

That being siad get what you are willing to spend set in your mind get the parts and do it at once or get a bigger quad. if you decide to mod your 350 we are here to help.

Its all budget based and what type of riding your lookin to do. But if you got on a 450 and liked it so much, sad to say that your warrior will never cut it for you unless you go extreme. I've ridden 400 thru 700cc quads, yet I will always be happy to hop back on the old trusty warrior. If you have that type of crazy mindset, then have fun modding your quad, its all part of the fun!

Best for the cheap Is simple, exhaust, airbox and filter, rejet. For a bit more money; Add to the above - 1 over bore and 390 cam with thinner gasket kit and HD springs. Even more money added to the above - Switch cam to 430 or bigger (or keep the trusty 390) switch out carbs, +1 intake, P&P, stroker crank. Balls to the wall is the 446 kit.

All this info has its own post. Take some time to look around and read some of the more popular posts.

Enjoy!

Back