Warrior 350 acting weird...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailRacer4

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been having this issue with my warrior. I'll be riding just fine then it will bog and backfire out of no where and shuts off. Then it take 5 to 10 minutes to get it started again because I have to mess with the choke and reserve gas switch to finally get it started. Any help would be great because this sucks when I'm behind everyone I ride with and it shuts off and I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere.

It's definitely the Carb. My buddy's quad was doing the same thing last week. We took it in and got the Carb cleaned. Runs like a whistle now.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm.... Same thing that happened to me on the last ride. Test your coil and stator.

My 02 warriors carb was hickuping so i took it off, cleaned it out, put it back together. Ran good but still hickuped at an idle. I read online that on the opposite side of the choke behind the reverse lever there is a white plastic piece with three screws, this needed to be cleaned. I cleaned it and the idle instantly became much more smooth. It still hickups every grear once in a while. My problem now is i will be riding in 5th 1/4- 1/2 throttle and the damn thong will shut off with no backfire no warning. If i let it sit for a few min. It will restart and i can run forth gear half throttle forever with no stumbles. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I just has the carb cleaned when I bought the quad which is about 5 months ago. And also does anyone know what kind of oil I should put in it? It's a 2002?

anything for wet clutches
wal mart sells 10-40 Valvoline motorcycle oil for wet clutches for $4/quart
just don't run regular motor oil for cars in it
except you can use Rotella T for diesels

Hey guys I just wanted to say I found out what the problem was. Apparently my gas hose on my gas cap was clogged. I took it off and had no issues all day with bogging or anything!

hmmm im haveing a like issue with my quad.

Trailracer do you have an aftermarket main jet? If so what size?im having an issue much like yours only mine happens on the top end. Its almost like ive used all the fuel in the carb and have to wait for the fuel bowl to fill up again to restart. Im trying to get my own post going on my issue but as im new to the forum scene im lost.

Does your issue happen in all gear ranges? Or top gear range with trottle wide open?:beat:

Yes I have a 147.5 main jet. And im not sure if the gas caps can get clogged they might? Your problem sounds like its related to jetting. Do you have a aftermarket exhaust on your warrior? If so did you jet your carb?

Back