vitos timing key is it worth it

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior john

Reaction score
i was thinking of doing the timing key but i would like to know if it helps the quad or not before i take the quad apart thanks

ooooooh ya its the best 20 bucks i ever spent do it there's about 5 of us that have done it and we all agree its a must buy as far as performance goes

Good question. Still waiting on an exact difference. You all say its good and worth it, but why? What exactly is it good for?

It revs alot quicker and pulls much better mine would pull and hold the front end in 4th it wouldn't do that but bearly in 3rd before

Almost as good as adding the big three, almost doubles the power output of a filter, jet and slipon pipe upgrade. A good 2HP gain, at a minimum. But will not give you the same results without the other upgrades. I'm keeping up with my buddies modded Z400.

Here's some basic, general input.
- I used one (a 4* advanced rotor) on a box stock '88 GSXR750 back in the day. 87 pump gas, 10.9:1 compression, air/oil cooled. Zero difference on the street or roadrace track.
- Tried another on a mildly built '91 FZR600. Leaded race fuel, Yosh 4/1 pipe, carb work, 12:1, liquid cooled... didn't notice didilly squat on that one either.

I put many street and track miles on both machines in all kinds of situations, with several kinds of gas (usually the cheapest 87 hog swill I could find on the street), and were flogged mercilessly for hours on end at the track. Maybe a dyno might show something, but my butt never noticed 1-2hp. I don't remember having detonation problems on either machine, aside from maybe lugging around town in too high of a gear. Maybe.

Some people simply like the taste of snake oil, some don't.
Your mileage may vary :)
Carry on...

Back