Vito's Key

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02warriorPA

Reaction score
Just wondering can i install a Vito's key with out changing anything else? and will it do much good on a stock machine if i do?

Yes you can. It is only an aftset flywheel key. You will need a new stator cover gasket, and flywheel puller. Just make sure to COMPLETELY seat the new key into the crank! Don't just set it in there and say it's good. Tap it down with a small rubber mallet or wooden hammer. A tiny deadblow hammer works good, too. It will do to a stock bike what it does to a modded bike.

It advances timing 4* I believe and it would make the motor run hotter I would say as well. May want to keep that in mind. Of course if I am wrong someone WILL correct me haha

It does advance the timing 4*. It does make it run hotter. Hence the need to run premium gas. Many of us run em with compression up to 11:1 without issue. Just need to run 93octane. His bike is stock (so he says), in which case he has a low comp ratio and won't be affected as badly as mine or several other's bikes on here. Still best to use 93 though.

Good to know i run 93 octane in it already but i still plan on doing a cooler mod and i think i'm going to wrap the exhaust to.

No you can run it on a modded engine you just have to use an oil cooler and and/or 93 octane fuel. Also depends on how modded it is!

I just traded one of my sleds for a 2003 warrior the guy said it's bored almost to a 440? Beats me and it's got some exhaust I have no clue what it is. Any ideas?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360709704761.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360709704761.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 26
exhaust looks custom .... and to get to 440 it would have powroll stroker crank and their biggest piston

I guess when it blows up I'll check it out. Thanks guys

Could anyone send me a link to this cooler mod?

its in the tutorial section go look for it it is a sticky. i think it might even be the first one!

Back