Valves noise!? [Video included]

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sickwarrior350

Reaction score
Hey
So today i got my big gun and installed it.
My warrior had been back firing lately with the stock exhaust and today i put my big gun without any jetting just to hear it and made a video.
In this video i think you guys can hear the valves and they dont seem right. Its not a linear sound .
I gave already checked the timing and the marks arent lined up perfectly but close, the plug is DRY FOULED and air /fuel screw is like 4 turns out o more.
Another thins is that you cant touch the header in 30 seconds of running, it is hot! Is it overheating due to lack of valves adjustement??

Check the video out. At 0:11 i didnt do anything and the bike died for like 0.01 seconds.

one you have a towel over the snorkel hole on the airbox it looks like and if you cant touch the header its running lean and it sounds to be high idle jm2c

and one more thing if you have starting fluid spray spray it around the boot between the carb and motor while its running and if it revs up or coughs when you do it the intake boot has a crack in it

one you have a towel over the snorkel hole on the airbox it looks like and if you cant touch the header its running lean and it sounds to be high idle jm2c

Yeah the towel was almost over the snorkel .
The idle sounds high because iif i put more slower it will stall a bit but wont die!
If i pull the choke it dies.
????

The intake boot seems fine althoug it had a few marks bacause of the tools. I used high temp selicone on that...??

Is there a chance that the connection header/silencer causing the overheat??
The pipe didnt bolt right up i had to spend like 15 minutes to bolt it.
Header not well sealed ??

If you sprayed it with starting fluid while it was running and idle didn't change then its fine and the issue is probably jetting or valve lash have you set the valves yet?

Nope.
Dont have feeler gauges but i will and it may solve the problem -.-
I live in Europe, Portugal jets arent easy to find so i just ordered 45pilot 147,5,150,152,5,155 mainjets from your country and once i have em i will see if this thing runs better! Im plannig on running no lid and im at a 500 feet thats why i have such biger jets.
lets see

that should fix the issue thats soo cool your in Europe!!!!! whats the atv scene like over there?

AHAHAH its so nice to see that all europeans want to live in america and sometimes americans would like to be here!!
Well the scene is like: TRAILS AND MORE TRAILS AND HUMM TRAILS?
Joking! I can tell that most of it is trails! But we have some good Mx, NO DUNES!! Oh the fact that we ride atv street legal is f****** awesome!! :atv:
Our most epic race is Baja Portalegre:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEp3p-11I3M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DswdrjM_VUQ

And this is the "European Duncan" :

http://www.speedfreak.pt/site2009/Galeria/mainSpeedFreak/gallery.html

Back