valve noise

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91warrior

Reaction score
ok i know this has been asked a lot, but i havent seen it asked like this. i just finished putting in a megacycle 252-x1 cam in and this is what im worried about. at idle, there is hardly any noise from the valve train, the quietest i have heard it since i got it. but then when i load the engine, it really starts to make a lot of noise and it has me worried. anybody else have the exact problem? again just idling, i cant hardly hear any noise at all, but once i put a load on the engine, it makes a lot of noise. also valves were just adjusted today and still does it. thanks

not to sure on this one but i do know that some big cams do make the warriors valvetrain louder, the rockers, adjust screws and all that is in good shape?

yea i never had a cam this big (.450 lift) but had other aftermarke cams and they always made valvetrain noise at every rpm but this one only does it when i work the engine and it just doesn't sound the greatest. but it could just be me since we had cam bearing failures in the past.

the cam bearings are all new, the adjuster screws are 1.5 years old and the rockers where taken out and looked new and put back in with new o-rings. maybe ill try to get a video of it. thanks for the help

yea idno maybe somebody can chime in, that is a little weird to have that as soon as the engine gets a load on it, ive never had any experience on big cams for the warriors just mild stuff.

Humm......I run the .430 and don't notice any difference from when its idling and when I'm on it.......then again I don't really hear the engine when I am, to busy trying not to wreck.

deadlastracing said:
Humm......I run the .430 and don't notice any difference from when its idling and when I'm on it.......then again I don't really hear the engine when I am, to busy trying not to wreck.

lol

Back