Vale guide and ring cleaner

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
the new quad im workin on runs like ass and smokes like a fire full of leaves, but its a 2003 engine. How hard could someone have ridden it in order to blow the rings like that. I was wondering how to check the valve guide and how to clean the sludge in the piston with out takin the engine apart?

The bike will start and idle fine and rev up good but when you old it open the smoke billows out and has a revving bogging sound. like WHaWHaWHaWH. hahahahah i can post a video if ya don't understand.....any suggestions? Thanks.

If its rings, and all that **** is glazed, you can try the 30w HD oil fix.

If its smoking that much though, you could have a carb issue. Stuck float for example, can dump excessive fuel... etc etc.

We can try to narrow it down a little...

Does the smoke smell more like burnt oil, OR does it have more of a gasoline smell?

The best solution i've ever seen for stuck rings i saw an old mechanic do a couple times to cars that smoked like hell. A little automatic transmission fluid down each spark plug hole, then turn the motor over a couple times slowly to let the fluid soak in and penetrate the rings. Then as the motor runs it will work itself loose and start smoking less and less. I've seen cars go from looking like they were long-gone and hopeless, to running without any oil burning at all within a couple hours of doing this. It's worth a try at least.

So I saw this right after I posted the one in the general board, I didnt even know there was a service section. but both posts are getting different answers so the more answers the less we have to acctually trouble shoot!

Back