Used Shocks. How old is too old?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dte825

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some Banshee shocks for my '03 warrior on ebay or elswhere. When buying used shocks, how old is too old? I know it all depends on the hours and style of riding on the bike, but what are some guidelines? Assuming average hours and average abuse, how old would some of you guys go?

not to jack thread in anyway but what are you doing with the old shocks if you are willing to sell ill buy if price is right

I'll probably hold on to them as back up. If I'm buying used shocks I wont really know what I'm getting so I'd like to keep plan B. The way it rides now doesn't offend me enough to spend the money on aftermarkets.

I'm looking at some '03 banshee fronts and an'02 Banshee rear for around $150-$200 for both. Does that sound reasonable?

i think it was asr that said 90 hours on stock shocks and the are usually junk.......but hey a lot of guys on here still got the stock yamaha shocks and i havent heard any complaints exceot that they dont perform to well.....sooo i guess/maybe its a 50/50

Bought an '03 Banshee rear shock. I haven't started to install it yet. Do I need to use the Banshee dog bone or the warrior's? This will probably become clear when I start. If they both fit, is one better then the other?

I got my 02 banshee shocks for 100 bucks. I passed up on a set of 06 banshee shocks for the same price because the seller would take a full week before answering any of my questions, and quite frankly I have no interest in dealing with people that can't take the time to message me back, imagine how long it would take them to ship my stuff....Anyways, my 02 banshee shocks work 1.3 million times better then my 87 warrior crap did. The springs are a little stone chipped but everything is fully functional. Both front and rear are bolt on, however hte fronts are a little longer then the warriors so they'll be putting constant stress on the ball joints.

Back