Upgrades??????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oottat

Reaction score
Hey Guys... I am new here, and new to quading. I just purchased a new 06 Raptor 350 about 3 weeks ago. It is completely stock with the exception of a jet kit I put in. My question is what are the most inexpensive upgrades you can do to this quad with the best results? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Clamp on filter kit, remove the airbox lid, and rejet. That's good for a few HP.

My first mod on my warrior was flipping the wheels to widen it, because it felt too tippy. With the rappy you can't flip the rear wheels, but you could use wheel spacers to widen the rear. You can still flip the front wheels, but like flipping the wheels with most quads you have to do something about the valve stems.

Hey Thanks Yamarider.. What clamp on kit would you recommend that would not require a bunch of changes to the stock air box? At the risk of sounding to much like a newb... what does flipping the wheels mean?

the prodesign kit is a good kit to get u just half to drill through your box a few little holes for the adapter but wuick and easy to do. abotu the front wheel flip its like how the whell is now rotate it 180 degerees and u got a wheel flip like you have the whee set at 12 aclock and u turn it to 6 aclock anf u put on like that

The pro design and noss machine adapters both work good, and install the same way. The noss machine is about $10 cheaper I think.

The type of filter you pick to go with the adapter is up to you. I personally like K&N filters better just because they are easier and less messy to clean than a foam filter. I find with my foam filter that I usually put off cleaning it until it's so dirty that the engine starts running rough because cleaning the UNI is such a chore. I also don't trust the UNI filter as much, because I never know if I have enough oil in it. The K&N is pretty idiot-proofed. When you wash it the filter turns white, then you dry it out, and re-oil it with red oil. If the filter is all red then you know you got the whole thing. The foam filter on the other hand... I kinda sorta think I got enough oil in it, but i'm not that sure... it's one of those deals where you really don't know for sure.

i would agree with the intake/airbox mod first. after that, for some more power, i would go with a slip-on exhaust. exhaust and intake are probably the two easiest mods with good results. you will need to rejet too. there are a ton of mods that arent performance oriented though.

i would agree with the intake/airbox mod first. after that, for some more power, i would go with a slip-on exhaust. exhaust and intake are probably the two easiest mods with good results. you will need to rejet too. there are a ton of mods that arent performance oriented though.
Since you are new to 4 wheelers you should look into those,
Make the ride safer for you since it is new to you, Why make something that is relevantly new to you only more capable of hurting you faster?

Well said Klutch..^^^^

Wear your wig protector!!!

I think we can all remember when we 1st started riding and started to get more comfortable and cocky just to have our ATV hand our ass to us giving us a big case of humility after trying something stupid or just having the ATV react in an unexpected way.

the first upgrades i got were a used crappy clamp on filter for 25 bucks (get a kit to clean it), and a filter and a dial a jet, it felt like it unleashed all the power they are holding back

I would say get new tires with better grip than those crappy stock treads. But other than that air filter, cut airbox with a outwear on the filter.

nerf bars should be your first mod IMO, they are must if your jumping, and are very nice if your not. They keep ticks from comming up and going threw your foot and if you slip off your peg while jumping, you will land in you nerf bar and not under your tire.

They keep ticks from comming up and going threw your foot

I was sitting here thinking are you talking about tics..Becuase they can easily get to your foot through nerf bars....But then I realized you meant STICKS!!!

I agree with nerfs being most important. I've had mine bounce off of trees whereas if I hadn't had them I would have been thrown off and maybe hurt when the peg or back fender hit the tree. I've got a buddy that had a peg stuck in his leg. A set of nerfs would have prevented that.

Secondly, if you are trail riding, aluminum skids are invaluable. Protect your new toy!

Have fun and be safe!

[quote:p7vz0fg0]They keep ticks from comming up and going threw your foot

I was sitting here thinking are you talking about tics..Becuase they can easily get to your foot through nerf bars....But then I realized you meant STICKS!!![/quote:p7vz0fg0]
lmao, yea typo

Back