Upgraded Headlights - Suggestions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahnstoermer

Reaction score
Guys, the factory lighting is ok but is annoying me. Suggestions for upgrade? I'm open to anything that has a good fit, quality, etc. Not a hack job, I've spent a bunch of time un-hacking this thing from it's previous owners :)

The factory metal frame seems like a good idea to keep but is in the way for proper adjustment (they don't aim low enough) and I'm sick of beating on it trying to get it to fit, plus the lenses old and hazy anyway and aren't in good shape overall.

Anyone have experience getting an aftermarket kit of some kind that fits well? HID? LED?

2002 Warrior

Last edited:
These are HIDs and are plug and play not cutting required. Trailtech make some nice aftermarkets that are really bright. If you have anymore?? just ask Ill help the best I can.

Trailtech by far has the nicest mounting systems and make a very nice product overall. The only con is the price, especially if you want the LED.....but damn they're nice. I also like the fact that you can either frame mount them or use their billet console either of which will allow you to eliminate the stock light system and incorporate a more sporty covered hood look if that's what you're into. Hit up Jeff, he has the console mount. I'm sure he'll chime in, not like he's doing much right now with that bum ankle, lol! Sorry Bro, couldn't help myself, haha!

Last edited:
Lmao glad my pains your pleasure. But yes the trail techs are the way to go. Like james said they can mount on your frame and handle bars with a sweet billet clamp where you can move your key to. Check my build log I believe I have pics in there. The price was 160 dollars.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

@CJcaldie I went with the 12k, And they are bright. They have some with a yellow tint , super white tint , and purple tint, I got the blue tint ones and have no complaints.

would've thought 12k would be more blueish purple than that. i read a lot of guys like 8k seems to be the sweet spot in the dunes or sand. i havent been there yet but desert sand likes to hide its bumps at night

When I got them they had a color chart and reference guide and the 8k looked white and the 10k was a super white sorta blue like the color of 194 led SW bulbs. When the ballists get warmed up they are a darker blue. The kelvins look more like 10k to me as well. A lot of companies show the light emitted against a white wall as of to just the projection of the hids. Here in Kentucky we don't have no dunes just woods and they project real good in the raptor housing. Are you thinking about getting new lights

I'm always looking at them but I still don't know 100% what I want. Right now I'm teetering between LED and HID. I love the realistic color of LED but I need distance and brightness, so HID seems more realistic to me. Plus I need to see terrain differences in the dirt. The halogens just don't cut it. I think afterwards I might bolt on a small LED bar to my steering. I want the stock look and apologies to everyone else but I'm probably one of the few who doesn't like the way those trailtechs look. As far as HID maybe every company is going to be a little different. ive been looking at this companyhttp://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Single-HiLo-Motorcycle-HID-Kit 12k is as hot as they sell. im thinking that the blueish tint will help distinguish terrain differences. but i dont want so much that everything is blue

well ok i just thought about what i said cant do the led bar with the hids because of the power draw. still looking at hids though

I had a very bad customer service experience with DDM on their HIDs (defective product, they refused to replace - I'll spare you the long story but they were proven defective and I lost many many hours of painstaking installation time redoing them several times believing they were good to go when they weren't).

That being said, almost no one else has had issues with them.

Last edited:
Back