(Updated) Wrenching on the Rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbthreat

Reaction score
100_0586.jpg

100_0591.jpg

Oil Cooler installed.
100_0595.jpg

No need to modify shifter. SWEEET!
100_0593.jpg

100_0599.jpg

New RAD dual row carrier.
100_0602.jpg

100_0596.jpg

100_0601.jpg

CEET Graphics.
100_0604.jpg

General overview.
100_0589.jpg

'01 Raptor Shock
Just a few more things like grips, new seat cover, install new brake lines, tie rods, put on carrier bolts, and finish up the plastic. Should be good to go.

As i said before, its coming along very amaziling. Also i just thought of this but do you need a axle or plastics because im trying sell some more stuff.

Actually I bought the frame newly painted. Not sure what the guy painted it with, but it looks pretty nice. I'll see if I can contact him and get that info.
For the metal parts I used ceramic high temp. paint and self etching primer, topped off with clear coat. Looks nice and should be pretty durable.

that bike is sick....i like the baja type fuel can...do they make that for the raptor as well??

I think im gona get some paint and clearcoat and paint my hubs now after looking at how yours turned out. Did you just buy the clearcoat that comes in the spray can? and like the cheap 5-8 dollar a can hi-temp paint?

Wow the new pics really look good, that gonna be a nice quad when finished. I love when Warriors are done up.

kawfox9 - As far as I know there is no tank for the Rappy. I've looked around and haven't seen one from either IMS or Clarke. Ask a few of the guys about that, but I din't think there is one.

98Warrior - I just went to NAPA got the high temp ceramic paint in a can, self etching primer, and Krylon clearcoat (spray can, cause clear coat is clear coat). Layed down two coats of primer, two to three coats of the high temp paint (whatever your preference), let it sit for a few hours (or day in my case) in the sun, and then put on two or three coats of clear coat. Yeah it's all going to get scratched up, but at least it looks good for a little while. Can always repaint, or actually spend the money and get it powder coated, but I'm going on the cheap side. ;D

Teamexileracing - The bars are made by Inter-Am. They were racing-bend bars off of an old ATC back in the 80's. Friend's dad had a this set given to him by a racer back in1986, never mounted them to his 250SX so he gave them to me. I don't think they make these anymore, but I like them a lot. Really simple and sit high.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Appreciate it. Should have it done this weekend. Plastics won't be cleaned up and smooth in rear, but screw it...I wanna ride it first! ;)

that thing is looking sick, i cant wait to see it done
what are the specs on the motor?
ive been thinking about tearing mine down for a rebuild but it will have to wait till winter
keep up the good work :cool:

Motor is stock for right now...but give it time. ;D In a year or so thinking of dropping in an Alba 400 stroker, but I'll play that one by ear. Not elite, but I appreciate the thought. Just want to have a nice ride to enjoy....and roost other riders with mud. lol

how did you get the shifter to miss the big bear oil cooler set up?? did you grind a little of the cover or something??

how did you get the shifter to miss the big bear oil cooler set up?? did you grind a little of the cover or something??

Actually, I gotta be honest, I did not modify my shifter at all. After I put on my big bear adapter, I put on the shifter, just so I could see how much I would need to bend and modify the shifter, and to my suprise I found I still had clearance. I checked it all the way through, bolted it on, and sure enough it works with no mods. I just lucked out I guess. Talk to wnk, he is working on creating a direct link shifter for use with the big bear adapter, and has had experience in getting them to work. Sorry I couldn't help you with that.

Back