Uni or Pro Design

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montigo

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a new air filter, and decided i wanted to get a foam air filter. After looking around, looks like Uni and Pro Design are good filters, not sure which one I should get. Any input/advice would ba appreciated.

Get some kind of clamp-on kit. I'm not a fan of the foam filters, but either way, the stock-style drop in air filters suck, even the uni and k&n versions. I'd recommend the Pro-design kit, due to bad experiences with a couple of the other manufacturers.

So, sounds like pro design is the way to go then. Thanks for your input everyone.

I would also recomend the Pro-Design kit with a k&n and pre filter.

oh, and i was wondering, wat do you mean the pro-design kit w/ a k&n and pre filter. I know pre-filter is the outwears, i was planning on that, but the other two i don't understand.

Pro-Design is the manufacture who makes the piece to transform your drop in set-up to a clamp on set up.. You can either get a Uni or K&N filter with the pro-design kit.

ah alright, so, is the pro design filter better, if the make a filter, or is the uni filter better, or is there a better foam filter than those two?

Yeah i know, but, usually i end up going through water, usually not TO deep, but fairly deep. Also, once a year we go camping w/ a bunch of ppl, and there is a TON of water, I'm the only one w/ a 2wd bike, and i got stuck a couple times, was REALLY mudding when we got done, was REALLY fun to though.

as long as the filter isn't immersed you should be ok. the outerwears will repel any water that splashes as high as the filter. yamarider (moderator) has some pics of him in some deep water with a k&n/outerwears combo (i think) and he said he did fine. maybe if he reads this thread he will post them for you.

hrm, maybe i'll get a K&N one........ is there a larg/noticable power gain between K&N and a foam filter?

Back