Understanding shock mounting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dballard87

Reaction score
Alright guys this is the last piece to my puzzle can someone that knows the geometry of mounting shocks or what angle would provide the best ride? I understand the process of forming arms now but I'm still not sure on how to calculate for the shock mounts

Well put your stock one next to the one your making and that should tell you where abouts to put it.

Banshee shocks aren't longer than stock I don't think. If you want longer shocks, step up to some 660's those are 1 inch longer than stock.

Keep in mind the shock mount placement effects how soft or stiff the front shocks will be. The closer the lower shock mount is to the tire, the stiffer the ride will be.

For the ease, just put them the same distance from the frame as stock. Doing a lt set up will take some calculations or something to simulate your max and min shock length.

Best way to do it would be get the shocks you want to set up with the arms and the. Make your measurements.

Back