twist throttle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr600

Reaction score
I just added a pro motion twist to my warrior.How do you guys like them in the woods.It feels great for me on my 6 acres but dont know how it will do in the woods.
Im used to riding my xr600(10years) and this is my first quad.What do you guys prefur?

well i perfer twist any day but at one time i didnt until i got used to it, and i will never go back. 3/4s of my riding is in the woods.

I can barely tolerate twist throttles on a quad when it involves any tight riding like woods stuff. The natural motion of the wrist when you're cranking the handlebars is to twist, same thing when you're shifting your weight, standing up, etc. It's too hard to maintain steady throttle through this. This makes it a safety issue to me, there's too many ways to accidentally rip the throttle open with a twist on a quad, and ripping around the corner is the last place you want to accidentally crack the throttle all the way open and send yourself flying into the trees. It isn't an issue of inexperience, I do perfectly fine with dirt bikes and motorcycles, but you don't move around nearly as much on 2 wheels. All the shifting around on a quad seems much better suited to something that's in a fixed position independent of your wrists.

yea i had that problem when i was learnign twist throttle, but its been 5 years now and i havent had an accident caused by the twist throttle. for me, thats what i like.

YamaRider said:
I can barely tolerate twist throttles on a quad when it involves any tight riding like woods stuff. The natural motion of the wrist when you're cranking the handlebars is to twist, same thing when you're shifting your weight, standing up, etc. It's too hard to maintain steady throttle through this. This makes it a safety issue to me, there's too many ways to accidentally rip the throttle open with a twist on a quad, and ripping around the corner is the last place you want to accidentally crack the throttle all the way open and send yourself flying into the trees. It isn't an issue of inexperience, I do perfectly fine with dirt bikes and motorcycles, but you don't move around nearly as much on 2 wheels. All the shifting around on a quad seems much better suited to something that's in a fixed position independent of your wrists.

Yup I agree with you! As pretty much always.

First ride with twist in woods and Im on the fence about it.It wasnt better than thumb for me so I think im going to switch it back to stock.

Back