Twist Throttle ???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Cram stuff up other guy's asses? That would classify me as a homosexual in my books. It's just that i was trying to clean out my closet and now im finally coming out.

evilgays didnt even recognise it cause he is gay

you were the one that turned this into a homo/bunghole conversation. you're the one whose sexuality is in question. actually, there's no question about it. you're a peter puffer! you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!

clearly YamaRider did not write that, so why do you try to be even more gay that you already are by trying to tarnish other peoples reputations,
if you had a reputation other than being a fagitly little weasel people might treat you better,

clearly YamaRider did not write that, so why do you try to be even more gay that you already are by trying to tarnish other peoples reputations,
if you had a reputation other than being a fagitly little weasel people might treat you better,

Let him go, he just has his own little fantasies about rubber grips and browneye.

i know this is old but what has been going on above was too funny

also with the twist grip i ghad one and as i was coming into a corner and i was leaning in id pull the throttle on and would nearly lose controll

I think there is a quicker response wth the twist, but id haft to agree they cab bite you in the ass at times. Think u gotta turn the bars a lot more and a whole lot further on a atv, not good for trail riding.

When i bought my Warrior it had a twist throttle on it. I thought it was pretty cool until i rode with it through the trails. Every time it dipped sideways and you had to hold on a bit, i'd end up twisting the throttle and going faster. It ended up with me over the bars and the quad on it's side. I got used to it after a while, but my hand started cramping from having to grip lightly to avoid too much unwanted throttle.

I'm sure for dunes and track racing and stuff it would be nicer, but in the trails around here it wasn't very much fun. I swapped it out and sent it to another member, so we'll see how they like it heh.

When i bought my Warrior it had a twist throttle on it. I thought it was pretty cool until i rode with it through the trails. Every time it dipped sideways and you had to hold on a bit, i'd end up twisting the throttle and going faster. It ended up with me over the bars and the quad on it's side. I got used to it after a while, but my hand started cramping from having to grip lightly to avoid too much unwanted throttle.

I'm sure for dunes and track racing and stuff it would be nicer, but in the trails around here it wasn't very much fun. I swapped it out and sent it to another member, so we'll see how they like it heh.

And for where i am at and ride it will be just fine cause alot of my riding is on the farm, i dont leave the land on my wheeler much unless its to go to the river but even that is pretty wide open. thanks again GUS i cant wait to atleast try it out.

Bringing this back from the dead.

So after racing for the first time on a qaud im thinking about going with a twist throttle. Like mentioned before about having more grip on the handlebars vs relying on just your fingers i can agree with this. For trail riding and playing i loved the thumb throttle but in my race i got arm pump and it was harder for me to use the thumb and the whole time i was thinking if i had a twist i could stay on it easier. Coming into right hand turns i would sometime use my fingers for the throttle which slowed me down and felt weird. Again its all personal preference between a thumb and twist throttle.

Now since im looking into getting a twist throttle what one will i need to get and will i need a new cable? If so what one? Thanks

Just ran across this thread, I got to say I bought mine with it on there. I like it but there are those "OH ****" moments when it get hairy.

I gave it serious thought too. But the hills and trails I ride make a twist throttle not practical.

Ive had a twist throttle on my quad for a year now and with a ton of races and trail riding. I wouldnt go back to the thumb unless it was just a play quad and i didnt want to put any money into it.

I've rode dirt bikes for years and my first atv with a twist was on a 60hp stroker banshee and its not for me. way to ez to whiskey it in a trail. For me a twist on two wheels it just works not four wheels

Back