Twist Throttle Conversion

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 95 warrior, and i have been doing some research on the Motion Pro Twist Throttle, and I've heard a lot from the pros and cons, and i want to know some opinions on the subject in general, is it worth it? And specifically, the difficulty in converting the thumb to a twist. Thanks!

On a dirt bike a twisty is at home, On a quad it is not IMO. Your turning the bars a ton more on a quad than a bike and you'll tend to twist it when you dont wanna. Def not a smart thing when your riding harcore trails or climbing hills.

Its a super easy conversion, but its wacky on a trail or XC quad. To each its own I guess but I'd definitely say is much more dangerous. If your racing flat track or MX, yeah, id be a fine mod and perhaps be better.

The do have bothy throttles out there that people tend to like. I.E. you can either twist or use your thumb.

I grew up on dirtbikes, so im used to the twisty. BUT I bought my warrior about a year ago and it has a motion pro twisty on it & ive had a couple close calls when turning hard and accidentally gassin it, so im goin bak to thumb throttle. lol just my 2 cents lol

Appreciate it bud, thanks!
Im thinking Im going to stick with the thumb throttle, leave the twistys on the race bikes, and 2 wheelers. haha

i had one and hated it at first but after i got used to it i loved it until the cable broke.

my best advice would be not to go cheap on this one!!

on a side note i have a friend thats got the duel gasser, he likes it for the dunes but sticks with the thumb most of the time

There is also the 400ex/90ex throttle mod you can do if your getting a case of the "weak thumb".

Ya guys I find that my throtle is like hard compaired to other quads y is that my blaster never cramped up my hand??

Grew up on dirt bikes, have a twist throttle on my warrior, and love it...don't race, just trail ride, never had a problem getting on throttle too much or too little...all on what you prefer...

i put a twist on my blasty years ago big mistake shooting threw trails you throttle to much and cause wrecks, trust it hurts more then its worth.

i agree flat track fine but thats about it

Back