Twin cyl 500cc Warrior build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twin cyl 500cc....I LOVE YOU...nohomo

Well, thank you? Ha, I get that now and again when people see the build. It should be one hella of a machine.

I, again, re-did the backet for the thermo today. Below is what I came up with. I am trying to find something I can cover it all up with since it looks like the front end threw up and is spewing parts.
What do you guys think?
thermotop.jpg

thermofront.jpg

thermobirdseye.jpg

thermoplasticsandradguard.jpg

thermoplasticsfront.jpg

thermoplasticstop.jpg

as long it is removeable, so you can add fluid when needed without tearing the whole front end off. some shaped steelmetal might be the easiest ( like a light whole cover)

Make it fit down under the cap lid. Then you don't have to remove it you'd just have the cap fitting up through the top. I think it would look good like that.

Or if you know somebody that does metal work can bend up some sheet metal, make it look like a cowl induction hood, or a big scoop in the firebirds, or just a plain cover.

Well, I went through the spare parts box and this is what I came up with, plan on possibly mounting a light in the open area, was this genius or is does it look crappy?
2011-08-07201549.jpg

2011-08-07201610.jpg

2011-08-07201637.jpg

2011-08-07201657.jpg

2011-08-07201712.jpg

2011-08-07201722.jpg

I agree that the color is way off and yes, it is a visor from and old helmet. I got tired of playin with card board etc and had it laying around so I thought I would give it a shot. I dont completly like it but don't hate it either. I'm gonna play around with some metal next, or look into some fiber glass. I have watched the videos on youtube of guys making speaker boxes and it doesnt seem all that had to do once you get a frame made, I thought about using some small gauge steel bar to make the frame from and just glassing over it. Im not sure yet but I know I will not be spending much more time on it as there are other things that need attention first. I already have the harness reworked it just needs to be fitted to the bike. That is going to take some time to get it all in there nice. Also I need to work out the throttle cable, shifter linkage, and clutch cable. Oh and the damn fuel tank, which I feel is going to be the hardest/biggest next part I start to work one. Since the motor is to tall and wide the stock tank wont fit. I looked into the the low PSI pulse fuel pumps that run off vaccumm and I think I can get away with a tank in the tail section, not 100% sure though. Thanks for your input though, if I didnt have it I think it would still be sittting untouched!

I knew there was somthing I forgot. I have a WhiteBrother E Series that was on the Warrior, did some research and the flow should hold up to an 800cc motor. So the PLAN is to do a 2into1 and out the back into the E Series. No idea what it will sound like but the old 350 sounded damn good with it. All the piping will be easy I think. I may mock some stuff up later.

Be prepared to install a Dynojet or similar carb kit if you change either the airbox or exhaust the slightest bit.
CV carbs are a PITA and very sensitive to flow changes.

Back