tuning my quad???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350warriorz

Reaction score
alright guys..this morning i put on my modquad intake system with the k&n clamp on filter..(what a job that was wish i woulda went with the prodesign one!) anyways the only mods so far are the intake system and a white brothers e series exhaust with all the rings off for straight through flow.. i havent jetted it yet because i have an edelbrock carb on the way...im sure its running a little lean now but i dont think its too bad..the metal part on the spark plug is whitish and the middle part is white too.. that means its lean right? i ran it a little bit and it did pretty good..through the midrange it feels a little sloppy and hesitant top isnt bad...it did leave a pop once on deceleration out the exhaust which tells me its lean also i think.. im not gonna ride it too much till i get the new carb and get it tuned up good ..i dont want to hurt anything ..let me know what you think guys

i dont think its the valve clearance cuz it just started runnin a lil different after i put the k&n on this morning..it was fine before that..

jetting.... why even worry when your not jetting the quad and getting an edelbrock?

yea i know..i just dont wanna hurt the motor or anything if i ride it a little before i get the edelbrock...it runs pretty good though now so u think it'll be ok for a week or so??

Adjust the valves to the lowest tolerences possible... that will richen it up a bit. I dont reccomend running for long like that. a week might not be bad as long as your not out all the time.

^^^^ what he said, or since its just a week, you could just hold off of riding it till you get the new carb.

thanks guys..i think im just gonna take a break till i get the edel..

Back