Trying to decide to try it or not. Need opinions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YFM2014

Reaction score
Okay well I'm thinkin about trying to plasti-dip my rims on my car because I've thought about spray painting them but I was afraid Id screw up and then be SOL but if I mess this up I can peel it off at least ; ). But anyways now idk weather my rims would even look good black... I've got a 98 mustang (6 beater) green with the stock rims... Looks EXACTLY like this: http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/MeSlash/?action=view&current=P7290029.jpg
except the paint is much crappier with clear coat peeling lol... The rims are pretty beat up from the person who had it before me curb hopping it I guess and I think black plasti-dip'd kinda conceal it and make it look better but idk if itd look good with this type of rim. What do yall think? To paint or not to paint, that is the question.

try it man. it peels right off. i'm thinking of doing it to my chrome 20's so i don't have to clean them so often. at least you don't have to worry about as much as i do.

Heck that plastic dip is cheap enough, give it a try and if you don't like it you can always peel it off

run the car into a tree, claim theft and get the insurance $ to buy a real car.

P7290029.jpg
vs
P7290029.jpg
vs
MoultonboroughNHCapture.png

Dang that red one is a hatchback fox. Y you all hate one mustangs?? Cause they beat up on your Government Motors cameros? hahaha Remember they stopped making the camero for quite a while. Hmmm wonder y.

mehh i would save the 25 bucks in paint for gas.. no amount of paint will make those late 90's "tri star" rims look good..

upgrade to cobras!!!

mehh i would save the 25 bucks in paint for gas.. no amount of paint will make those late 90's "tri star" rims look good..

upgrade to cobras!!!

I'm trying to upgrade mustangs ;) I wana 99-04 model... been hunting for one. Sold my warrior :\ had 900 invested in it total got 1600 for it though : P.

My 6 beater stang was my first car and I could afford it so I jumped on it. And they arent my favorite rims either lol. Or my favorite body style...

If I do keep the stang I got now than it definitely needs a paint job and some body work though... words cant exactly describe how bad it looks right now lol. Clear coat peeling, passenger door paint gone so theres a little rust at the top... need to sand it down and throw some green paint on there just so it doesnt get any worse. Looks like the guy slid it into a pole cause theres a dent on the rear passenger side quarter panel... Yeah.

^:loco: Mustangs are ****!!

Yupp, you said it. I've just always hated Mustangs and Corvettes. 2 way overrated cars by my standards. I just don't get the following they have.

and on a side note, when I sell the KTM I'm buying a Fiero. How bout them apples.

Yupp, you said it. I've just always hated Mustangs and Corvettes. 2 way overrated cars by my standards. I just don't get the following they have.

and on a side note, when I sell the KTM I'm buying a Fiero. How bout them apples.

Fiero's are cool as ****, I always wanted one, would like the v6 model they look cool to me. Mustangs and Camaro's, and covettes or just guys trying to make up for something poor ego, small uh man syndrome, or whatever, most guys that drive those cars can be or are pricks just because they have a gas eating fast car. These newer so called retro muscle cars aren't crap to the real thing, I would love to have a 69 camaro with something like a 572 in it 3-4 speed.

just make sure you keep th oil level in check.... haha. but a nice car

Ill race your fiero lol. I had a buddy in high school in shop class who put a 383 stroker in a fiero... One wicked fast car there.

Back