trouble above idle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

americanmuscle

Reaction score
ok im not to mechanically knowledgable (sp) but after my warrior starts up fine and idles good but as soon as i go to give her gas she will go but she spurts and sputters and will die if i hold the gas down. any ideas on what i could do to fix her?

sounds like a crusty carb. clean it out and get back to us. Check out the TUTORIAL section on this subject if not formiliar

alrighty is there any way to get it cleaned by leaving it on the motor or do i have to remove it? could spray some carb cleaner in it possibly solve my problem? im going to start later this evening when it cools off some. hope i can get her running.

ok took it apart and it is super clean im talking straight out of the factory still shiney. no gunk anywhere clean. any other ideas?

nope that was replaced when the motor was rebuilt a while back, its still in decent condition not new but definently no holes or cracks. could it have anything to do with timing or spark plug?

anyone....anything....really wanting to get this thing back in the woods and having fun.

Does it run well for like the first thirty seconds and then start to sputter a and crack? I had the same problem among others and it was the carb boot. At first I didn't think it was but as the motor got warm and the boot expanded there was a tiny hole. Take it off and flex the **** out of it. Checking the timing is easy, there's a thread somewhere on this site. Also, put in a new plug if you haven't already. Good Luck!

i will idle all day long if i wanted it to. as soon as u give it gas it will sputter and die if i keep my thumb on the throttle.

still sounds like its starving for fuel. does it have a few filter between the tank and the carb, also pull the petcock out, if memory serves me right theres a screen there you can check. ill keep thinking, if these check out.

alrighty. well i went through and checked everything out again and the rubber boot between the carb and head ripped when i was taking the carb out so im going to replace it tom and see how it runs myabe it had small cracks that i overlooked. and il check out those areas u mentioned.

ok went and got a new boot and a carb rebuild kit just in case did them both and it was still having the same problem. then i was messing with the clutch and realized the e brake thing was messed up. i forgot that we jerry rigged the switch so it was wired open to run right and the wire had come lose and let the e brake engage. causing the motor to run like crap.

Back