TRANSMISSION PROBLEM.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash688

Reaction score
i have a 2001 warrior, and i was recently pulling it behind the van to bump start due to a dead battery, when all of a sudden it popped out of gear...i didnt think anything of it, figuring i must have hit the shifter by accident or sumthing....finaly it started so i forgot.

When i was on the trail i have noticed if i put the bike under serious stress, like a big hill, or really sticky mud, i can feel it occasionally popping outta gear for a second.

I have checked the chain tension, it is not the chain, the chain is brand new aswell as the sprokets.

I am a new warrior owner, and have a feeling it could possibly have something to do with the reverse shifter, because when i push it all the way forward it JUST seems to catch forward, but reverse is VERY easy to get into....what are anyones thoughts, and has anyone ever had an issue like this one....

thanks
Jay

check your reverse linkage ajust it a bit the rod could be bent some how and it will cause it to do what it is doing

ya, i have a feeling it has something to do with that, and i am going to adjust it, but i am curious weather someone else has ever had this same issue.......i know of problems to do with reverse on warriors, but mine dosent seem to ahve one.....getting out of reverse is a slight problm right now because my idle is to high, so it makes it a little difficult.

I had trouble with mine temporarily popping out of gear like yours, especially in the higher gears. I adjusted that linkage and it hasn't done it for over a year.

I had the same problem only in 3rd gear. It would slip out for a sec in high RPMs. I tried everything and then ripped it apart and the shift fork was worn. Replaced it, and I will post a tutorial with pix when I'm not so busy.

I have been having problems in first, second and thrid, and so far, i havent had any serious strain on the engine in 4th 5th, or 6th gears, because i dont feel the bike even has enough power to pull it out of gear at that speed. Because by the time i am in 4th gear i am moving fast enough, that there isnt much power left to pull it out of gear.
thanks for the input tho, the more replys i get with other peoples situations, the easier it will be for me to troubleshoot the problem. and im not sure even if i were to take the engine apart weather i would find a problem, so i am going to continue to ride until i guess it completely breaks something, because then the problem will be easy to find. But i will try all adjustments pervious to riding

thanks

Back