Transmission(i think?) problems on '02 blaster

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kutter17

Reaction score
Hey i am haveing some serious problems and need some help please. I can start my four wheeler fine and it runs just fine, but it will not shift into a gear? It just keeps shifting up or down and it stays in "neutral" and i can only get it in gear every now and then when I am lucky!? hotphil knows quite a lot about four wheelers and he is stumped along with me. We have no clue what the problem is! Help please!

it could be anything from worn shift forks, the splines on the shift shaft could be stripped(causing nothing to move), to a worn shift drum(causing the forks not to move, but fall into a false neutral), really the only way to know is to crack the case and find out

correct me if im wrong but a broken chain would not have much to do with tranny problems

No, I haven't broken a chain lately and I'm pretty sure that that is irrelevant to the issue. I don't know what is going on it just keeps making a loud clicking noise, but as you let out the clutch nothing happens.

have you brushed your teeth lately? I really think that could be the problem too, as far fetched as it sounds, it really effects the gearing

Probably a bent shift fork.

Thats quite a feat on a Blaster too, that tranny is pretty stout.

i just went through this pull off the cover oppisite side of your shifter on the shaft trere is like a finger shaped like a boomerang it grabs the pins on the shift drum to switch gears up and down the sring on that maybee broken or stuck if it doesnt grab the pin nothing will happen try that and see hope this helps

the reason he was asking about a broken chain was becuase if the chain broke and swung around it could have bent the shift shaft.

or maybe the sudden stop of a chain binding up agenst the case bent somthing? (pulled that out of my ass kinda.)

well to add to the misery i have a 202 warrior that while i was rideing tonight did the same thing was going on a dirt road and the quad went in to neutral it would not shift in to any gear and made that clicking sound. it also makes the sound when it is off and being moved .i will have it looked at this week and post whatever results i get back.

seriously????? you dug up a 4 year old thread to SPAM?????

Spammer is Spamming

Back