trans prob.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon1owens

Reaction score
after going wot in 5th or 6th gear it don't want to go into first right after you stop. you gotta pop it in and out of a couple gears before it wants to go into first or second. not sure what it could be any ideas?

hmmm this could be a bunch of stuff..... do you have a direct shifter? or is there a ton of play in your stock setup that is causing your issue? it could be something inside the engine, but i think there is probably a better chance it is in the shift linkage.... if yours is sloppy i suggest getting a yz one and running it straight.... otherwise your getting pretty deep into the $$ getting into that transmission(to do it right that is)

mines still stock was thinking about making it a direct but haven't took time to get the shifter. but idk if that's the problem for me. when the engine is cool it shifts fine all the way up and back down but once it warms up it will go up fine except for 6th at times but going back down it sucks. and is it the yz125 and does the year matter?

Any year YZ250 shifter. There about $15 or less new and $5 or so used. Hop on ebay. Its a great cheap mod! What type of oil you runnin in your quad?

haven't gotten around to changing the oil in it. i got the filter but haven't gotten around to getting the oil and changing it. the oil in it looks good and it don't use any so haven't messed with it. whats a good brand to use when i do it.

Back