trailer hitch?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruss

Reaction score
Does anyone have a hitch on their Warrior? I'm thinking about getting one, but not sure where to get one, or if I could make one. How are they attached and are they usable for light towing(lawn trailer). thanks.

I've seen a picture somewhere of a setup with a tow ball attached to the swingarm skidplate. It looked pretty ghetto and not something that would be a great idea. I don't think the Warrior is the best for towing anyways, but you could always rig something up if you've got a welder and some steel.

I had one on mine and it worked good for hauling around firewood and stuff. It can be a little hard on the clutch unless you gear it down with a smaller front sprocket, I used a 12t sprocket during firewood season and didn't have any trouble with it, piling in as much firewood that I could. I just had the cheap tusk hitch that attaches to the axle carrier with a couple big u-bolts, and that seemed good and solid. I think that was $20 on rocky mountain atv.

Warriors don't do too bad towing, a yard cart is nothing compared to what mine has been put through. My buddy's 600+ lb suzuki 4x4 decided that it didn't want to run anymore one time at paragon, and I ended up towing that heavy tank with my buddy on it for a couple miles through the trails. That's 800 lbs plus my own weight and the weight of the warrior, I was surprised that 350 cc's was enough power to get it out of 1st gear but I had it moving along nicely in the straights.

8352388cd2ca43b1f09fe8b49691bd4e.jpg

cd39df338f9d8c1579759c9a2ff1ea01.jpg

Thanks for the info. Not going to try and tow the world, just move a couple of empty trailers around the yard a couple times a year.

Yea warriors can tow surprisingly well. I used mine to tow rocks and logs on a smallish metal wagon, ended up blowing all 4 tires on the wagon and the warrior didn't even break a sweat. :p I also had to pull an old school riding lawn mower for a bit after the engine on it blew, I had to ride the clutch at half throttle because the mower had no brakes and everything was fine.

Back