trail riding w/ my duct taped fender cam!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texsc

Reaction score
Got my first long video up, it's about 37 minutes... :cool:

First off before everybody says it's a crappy video, I'll admit most of it is hard to see, especially if you don't know the trails, which prolly nobody does because they're rarely ridden. ;) But they're connected behind my dad's so I leave my Warrior @ his house and go riding whenever, it's awesome. ;D

If you look at my(texsc) comment beside the video, there's a couple links to the end of the video where we took the camera off the fender because it kept falling off. We took some footage by hand that's much more clear... That video starts at 28:44(my friend's 450R), and I start at 30:20 @ "Vegas"... It's not actually Vegas, just an awesome area in SC.

Here's the link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-67749852768476869

Next time around I'm gonna mount my cellphone, it won't have the distortion from the engine like the tape camera did due to a lack of moving internal parts. When I really get on it, the video goes grey, then just so choppy it's mostly non-viewable. Another problem was I put a ziplock bag over the lens to "protect" it, but running through the woods/etc. it got holes in it early on. It probably did save the camera, however, due to it blocking all the dust from entering the body for the most part.

When I use my cellphone camera next time i'm gonna use a piece of plexiglass or Lexan over it so it'll at least be a little more clear! Also I can put the cellphone mount on the handlebars, so it'll track as I'm turning/etc! ;D

Wow i can belive thats from your cell phone. Thats a long ass vid from a cell phone.

Nah, the next one's gonna be from the cellphone...
That was from an old Sony VHS-C camcorder, didn't cost me anything so I figured if it got trashed at least I'd have *some* video and a good story, lol. :cool: It actually lasted extremely well considering the clear video at the end was actually the last time it was out. I put it in a camelpack after that because it just kept falling off too much. :mad:

My cellphone would actually record that long, though...got a 1GB memory card in it and an extended battery! ;D

Back