Traction In Snow

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddy

Reaction score
I was wandering if just all warriors suck in snow or what,i tried riding in snow whith viper rear tires and the traction was terrible sometimes i couldnt even take off in it,i was wondering what you can do to help something in the snow a type of tire to use that works good in snow,thanks

It kinda depends on how deep the snow is and how big your tires are. My problem is that I run 20's on the rear and that only leaves about 4 inches between the ground and the skidplate, so its quite easy to get hung up in deep snow this way. Try using bigger meatier tires? I don't ride snow much.

well what do you weigh? because i have ITP holeshots and i get traction just fine and expeaciually good because i pulled my step bro around with the raptor in the snow.

Yeah, my main problem is ground clearance too. Up to 4-5 inches of snow is OK, after that its all skid plate.

Drop the PSI in the rears. I run 2.5-3psi in every type of riding I do and it hooks like all hell. If you run a 6ply with some strong sidewalls you won't have a problem with it popping off the bead.

Back