Top End Rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason350

Reaction score
I have a limit of about $500 to spend on the rebuild. I was wondering if any of you had any sugg. On which piston kit or valves I should go with &if I should have it bored and how big??

I have a limit of about $500 to spend on the rebuild. I was wondering if any of you had any sugg. On which piston kit or valves I should go with &if I should have it bored and how big??

What's your intentions with the quad? Trail riding, racing, or...?

How bad are the components now? What's bad?

possibilities are endless if you have the dough. If you want to get a rebuild done and back on the trail soon just punch it out the next size up, install a wiesco or JE piston. Maybe a cam and HD valve springs. Web, megacycles, hotcam are some good cams. The bigger bore you go, you might want to think about an oil cooler also.

If money allows get a good pipe and a good filter to let it breathe.

It's my first quad, only had it about a month or so, mainly just trail riding, light mud & snow. It runs good, it smokes bad and it stumbles a lil when it's wide open. The guy gave me the airbox with it and said the shop didn't put it back on when he had it serviced, they put a new filter on it and new batt. It has a full chrome dg exhaust on it, it sounds pretty good.

Its stumbling prob because they didnt jet it right after taking the airbox off. I still have my old dg exhaust, LOUD as hell haha

i like my GYTR expencive as all get out gut theres good tone and extreamly free flowing and is quieter then a DG for sure pro circit pipes r ok but r louder then my GYTR

Back