Top end miss

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar1

Reaction score
It has run fine ever since i jetted it a year or two ago. Put a new plug in which solved this same problem before, but it didnt work this time. My filter is not that dirty. I have also just cleaned the carb, but there is no difference. All other rpm ranges are fine, its just top end. Sea foam? Whats next?

Clean the main jet and you should be fine since you said it was jetted well before and ran right.

Wouldn't a ripped boot affect more than the top rpm range? I mean I guess it's possible since it's sucking more air, but it doesn't seem likely. Could be wrong though. I guess checking the boot is easier than cleaning the jet also.

You need to run it WOT and plug chop it. Then you will know if it is a rich or lean condition. Or, if it is actually burning good.

Ok, so I haven't had time to do a plug chop, but is there any chance that the stator could be getting a little weaker? When they go out, do they gradually get weaker, of just boom, go out all at once? I think I will run some seafoam through it just for kicks as well.

Well I think you should still check for micro tears in your boot, spray starter fluid round the carb boot at idle and see if the idle raises at all. If it does replace the boot. Usually they go boom all at once is what I've seen.

Back