To much money spent on warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slamdam97

Reaction score
So I figured out last night that I have put about $2700 plus into my warrior in the 1 year I have owned it. Add that to the $2600 I paid for it. So I have $5300 plus into my warrior. My local dealer has a brand new 06 YFZ SE on the floor for $5799. Doesn't seem right, with all the **** done to my bike that YFZ will smoke it in almost every way. The only thing I have on it is personality. Personality goes a long way, but my warrior would have to have way more personality than that pig on green acres to match it. OK... I fell better... or worse.... well I got it off my chest anyway.

i feel your pain.....thats kinda why i got the 450 before i wasted anymore money on my raptor....i believe i was up to $2800 in aftermarket stuff , in less than 9 months. And you know u love my 450

I got both you guys beat. Warrior was $3000 2 years ago. About $4000 into aftermarket stuff now. Plus another $1500 or more in repairs within that 2 years because my warrior was beat when I got it.

What a ******* money pit.

But I don't plan to ever sell it, and I'm just about to the point where i'll be able to stop spending money on it. Sure, I do look back, and think "damn, I could have gotten a brand new raptor for what I put into my warrior", but the new machines really aren't that appealing to me. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, whatever I just like old stuff better because I don't like following everybody else's tracks, but rather take something that's old and costs less initially, then put money into it and make it stand out. And it doesn't matter where I go with my warrior, I always seem to get more looks than a newer bike would get, because a decked out warrior just isn't something you see very often. Pretty much anywhere you go now, you see 15 yfzs, 450rs, and raptors that all look the same.

I bought my warrior brand new in 2001 right around 4700!!! Started to buy my mods in January and I am a few hundred over 2 grand right now. Thats without the edel I am going to get soon as well as front and rear shocks, cam and the powroll 365cc kit. I keep track of everything in an excel sheet.

I will be getting a 450 in the near future. Although I am keeping my warrior for trails and my girl friend to ride.

[quote:in7kx4pf]Hey even if u had a 450 ud still have 2K + in that as well - its the nature of owning a wheeler.

im already about half way there and ive only made 3 payments on it ;D[/quote:in7kx4pf]
You guys are soooo right. I do that with everything... But I never buy what I want, I always buy something cheaper and try to make it what I want.
And suspensionworx, you were modding it the day you brought it home, your gonna be WAY over those numbers real soon...

[quote:qttoxz70]

im already about half way there and ive only made 3 payments on it ;D
You guys are soooo right. I do that with everything... But I never buy what I want, I always buy something cheaper and try to make it what I want.
And suspensionworx, you were modding it the day you brought it home, your gonna be WAY over those numbers real soon...[/quote:qttoxz70]

:-/ i know

It's just the name of the game. You know the kind of person you are and if you were easily satisfied you wouldn't be into the **** that you are. Not that I know you personally but we're all the same here or we wouldn't be here. Like death said, even if you bought a 450 you'd start changing **** and be into that for the same amount! I do it with everything I own. I spent $15,000.00 building a motor for my boat and ran it just a few times this summer, decided it wasn't fast enough and now I'm doing it again. You can't help that you are a guy and that's what guys do!!!!

Damn I went on a rant....sorry. I must have been drunk or something.

Well I have been riding for a long ass time now and I got my first and only quad the 89 warrior and still rock it to this day. I have seen kids on everything and anything who can't rip the wheelies I do, so I am very satisfied with the stock motor and suspension. The quad cost 0 dollars and I have made relatively few mods to it, just maintenance. Mike

Weeeell I have to put in two parts, When I first bought the quad, the first year I spent $1090. and that was it until I found this site and went apeshit. From the middle of July until now I have spent another $2200 on it. Couple all that with the $4800 cost for it brand new. Its true, its just the way it is, 10 years ago I built a 84 Z28, 350 with Dart sportsman heads, big machanical lifter cam 750 double pumper carb, moroso front trick springs, MT ET drag slicks, real duel exhaust, 4.10 auburn posi rear, well the car went 12.20 at 109 mph, finaly the rear blew and I wasn't about to spend another $2,000 on a 12 bolt and ended up selling the car for $2500, the short block alone costed me that much. We are men and will fix or modify anything that is or isn't broken. With no thought on money.

I bought my warrior for 1500 and put like 700 in aftermarket parts so im only up to 2200 but I really want some more parts. but i also have to save for a car so parts will be few and far between.

Back