To Buy or Not to Buy?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior5150

Reaction score
Howdy folks :) So... Ive been thinking of getting a new bike, either a yzf450 or a trx 450r, well today i was cruising cycle shops today and a dealer had back in the corner, not 1 but 2 brand new 96 banshee's. One is black and one blue. My eyes opened wide :) What would you guys do? get a newer 4 stroke or get a high maintenance 2 stroke? always wanted a banshee but not sure i want the upkeep it takes for them. All opinions welcome!

hmm tough decision, if i you can afford the rebuilds and keeping up with and since you have alrdy got a 4 stroker i'd get it man

if you think about it, the 450's are almost as high maintnence as any two stroke but i would still rather have a 450.

BTW i raced a piped, jetted, bored, and pistoned banshee today. stayed right beside him the whole way. i think the guy was pretty surprised because the only reason he bought it was to beat me because i beat his yfz450 too lol.

After looking at both the YZF and Honda R I would take the YZF in a heart beat. I've ridin a YZF as well... pretty sweet 4th gear wheelies pulling back. The power is awesome with a huge massive hit in the mid range and pulls to the moon. The banshee has dated suspension and frame under it. The motor is ok stock. Stock to stock a 450 would beat a banshee in a straight line and for sure on the trail. Aftermarket will then it's a toss up...easier for the banshee to make more power Both I would say require some work to keep them mantained.

450 hands down, but that's just one man's opinion...lol. Seriously, better package all around.

Thanks for the opinions everyone, altho i decided to just stick with a good ole yfm350, got a good deal on a 07 raptor 350 and am happy with it. I have added a dg bumper and pro armor skids not in pics. just need a pipe and jet kit next, compared to my 02 warrior this new one rides great and handles well.
07Raptor1.jpg

07Raptor2.jpg

07Raptor3.jpg

07Raptor4.jpg

Not saying you made a bad choice but one ride on that 450r and you woulda been sold. I rode a 2008 special edition 450r this evening and that thing has so much f-ing torque and pulling power I loved it!

the raptor is a great bike but after riding some 450's i was sort of mad that i bought it.

Back