Tire Size

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4wheelin

Reaction score
has anyone ever tryed running 25 on the back of a warrior, I have a good set of 25's I would love to try on this thing but don't wanta damage anything or lose power on bottom end. let me know what ya think guys.

It's been done before, and there's just barely enough clearance for them to fit without major clearance issues. Any time you put a larger tire on a quad, regardless of what kind of machine it is, you will lose bottom end power unless you gear it lower to compensate. Going from 22's to 25's you'd probably want to go 2 teeth smaller on the front sprocket. Even compensating for that, there's obviously going to be a lot more rotating weight which of course will still rob power. That extra unsprung weight will also hurt suspension performance, and the increased height is going to give the machine a real awkward stance and raise the center of gravity, making it more likely to tip.

The only real measurable benefit of going to a taller rear tire like that is if you're having ground clearance issues, and to me unless you have SERIOUS ground clearance issues the costs just wouldn't be worth that one benefit.

Back