Tire mounting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
With out using the tool how do you remove the tires, I've put them on without the tool, just never removed them.

It aint easy. I just took the stock tires off mine without a bead breaker. I used a piece of angle iron (2in x2in) cut to about 4in long. lay it on the tire like this ^ with one edge just outside of the bead (touching the rim but not on it)and the other towards the middle of the tire. With the tire laying on the ground, smack the angle iron on the outside flange with a sledgehammer driving the inside flange kinda down and in. Hit it sorta lightly untill the edge wedges under the rim. Then smack the **** out of it. The heavier the sledge the better and make sure you keep one foot on the very edge of the angle otherwise it becomes a projectile. You have to go all the way around the tire a couple of times to get it. You can't get it off the bead all the way in on spot until you drive it lower all the way around. I now it sounds crazy but I've broken down a hundred tires that way( tractor, truck, mower). The atv tires were by far the hardest though. Beats $30 per tire which is what my dealer charges. A little wd-40 sprayed around the bead a couple of hours before hand helps. Just make sure you wipe the excess off before you start. Like I said, it aint easy but it'll save ya some cash. ;)

yupp lol.... i used that method and it works extremely well!! just get someone you trust to drive haha

it works to..we do it to skidsteers when the other skidsteer isnt around..when the other machine is there we just slide the forks together and push the tire down with that

i just drove over the tires with my truck to break the bead then used 3 big flat blade screw drivers to get them off the rim. took a while to get the first off but the last 3 were easy cz i knew what to do.

Ive never been able to remove tires on my own... ive always had to take it somewhere or cut them off... if they are bad enough cutting them is easy. Just use a grinder with a cutoff wheel.

i use a old bumper jack & a log chain wraped around a tree it works perfect for atv & truck tires... ;)

Back