Tire help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridinlowinky

Reaction score
Im new here and still new to atv's, I still have the factory tires on my warrior, I do alot of trail riding and hit every mud puddle I can find, so I was wondering what all sizes is ok to run on my warrior and what would be the best tread for this kind of riding? Thanks for the help!

I run Razr2 tires, 21" fronts, 20" rears. I do alot of XC type trail riding and alot of sand pit riding and these tires are great. You can run 23" fronts and 22" rears if you need more ground clearance but it also puts the center of gravity up higher and makes cornering a little more tippy. Its your call there, but I've never had clearance issues with the 21-20 setup, just let the skidplate drag a bit :D

what about the middle number which I assume is width.. Im thinking the factory tires thats on it is 22-10-9 and 22-7-10....On the rear would it make a big diffrence if I went to a 22-12-9 in the back? Thanks for the help..

yes it would make a difference. I believe the tire should balloon more on the narrow rim. This means that it could make it sit taller. But I'm not sure.

When it comes to tire selection it depends on the type of riding you do. The make of tire is only preference, if you do trails I'd be sure to get a tire that is 6ply, anything else you risk punctures. Rears I'd go with 20-10 or 11-9 fronts stick with 21's, 20's are nice but they only really work well if you do MX. On my 450 I run 18's on an 8 in rim, but that's only for MX (less flexing on the sidewall), when I hit the trails I put on the 20's (more ground clearance). If I don't the skid plate will take some serious abuse. If I'm not mistaking I think from the factory warriors come with 22's. You need to remember when you change tire size you change the gearing. A higher tire will give more top end, but you lose some bottom. Smaller tire, just the opposite, more bottom, less top. Hope this helps, I know I'm not a "tireologist" but this is just some of the things I've found...

I dont know for sure but I think the 12 would fit.

If all you want is mud, there are many great ones out there. Personally I like the I-razors or holeshot hd's as an all purpose tire. I-razors have less studs on them so they will probably hook up better than most trail tires and from friends that have em, you really need good fronts to keep the rears from pushing you too much. I'm getting hd's myself.

Back