tip before riding in mud

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
here is something that i have heard, but havent tried it yet. in one of the quad magazines they said to spray down your quad with wd-40 before riding in the mud. also, i was talking to the owner of an atv park nearby, and he said to spray it down with pam cooking spray and then cleanup is a snap. plus, if you use pam, whenever you take a riding break, you can put burgers on your motor and they wont stick anymore!! :p

next time i ride, i will try to remember to try this. i will try one and i'll have my dad try the other since we usually ride together.

I've used both. It works to some extent. You will still have some mud stuck on but it will come off easier.

I also heard that pouring gas over your plastics, letting it sit for 30sec.-1min., then wiping it off lightly will help keep mud off and make cleanup easier. Not sure if it works though.

I also heard that pouring gas over your plastics, letting it sit for 30sec.-1min., then wiping it off lightly will help keep mud off and make cleanup easier. Not sure if it works though.

sounds like instructions for making a hell of an expensive fire ::)

[quote:c2fu2kje]I also heard that pouring gas over your plastics, letting it sit for 30sec.-1min., then wiping it off lightly will help keep mud off and make cleanup easier. Not sure if it works though.

sounds like instructions for making a hell of an expensive fire ::)[/quote:c2fu2kje]

Well you see, the gas puddling in crevasses ignites with the heat of the engine and purns the mud off!!

:eek: ;D

If the whole thing doesn't burn up, gas will still make plastic brittle and dull over time, and works great for removing decals and graphics. That's up there with the dumbest ideas ever. Maybe try using armor-all on the plastics, something less flammable and aggressive.

It really doesn't do alot if you ride thick sticky mud. Helps a little but you leave a ton of wd 40 in your mudholes. I try not to pollute when I can.

It really doesn't do alot if you ride thick sticky mud. Helps a little but you leave a ton of wd 40 in your mudholes. I try not to pollute when I can.
coming from miami where riding areas get shut down for things as stupid as that, thats migthy respectable warlord ;)

lol yea... i would use pam but i would be sketchy fow wd-40 because that **** is flammable... ill try it next time i go riding...

I didn't say it was good idea, I just said that I heard about it. I probably wouldn't try it either though.

WD 40 , really really bad idea. You machine will fall apart while riding it. Its made to break things loose, not to keep mud off, try using armor-all, or maybe one of those mud off sprays, even though nothing is going to really help.

WD is NON TOXIC, the ONLY FDA Approved lubricant for direct food contact, and it's main ingredient is FISH OIL.

And, Pam/WD work GREAT for keeping mud off of parts.

I use a multi purpose spray lubricant from auto zone (wd-40 knock off). I only use it on the plastics and rims. I dont spray it near the engine. The track i ride at has hoses there to use when your done so you can spray as soon as your done riding. It works pretty good for me. Plus the quad looks extra clean and shiny after sprayin the stuff on.

Try Pledge for that nice lemon scent afterwards! ;D ;D

And it doesnt attract dust like armorall.
Also seems to richen plastics color to some extent..........

Oh and the bonus is.............its in the house somwhere if ya live with a female!!!!!!!!

for cleanup just spray the plastic with engine degreaser.... give it about 5 mins then wash it off...

When i get done riding i spray me whole chassis and engine with WD-40..just let it sit till the next ride....and for the plastics....i usually use jet wet or a tire spray with a fast wipe...makes clean up awsome...now i am trying Meguiars plasticx polish..when i get back out there i will let ya all know on clean up!

Hopefully this weekend..the frickin rain has been crazy here

Back